FATFA is a non-profit organisation run by professional educators, with the aim to:
– promote excellence in the teaching and learning of French; and
– support teachers of French in Australia from the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors.
- a federal identity for state associations of teachers of French in Australia; and
- an international body representing associations of teachers of French in Australia and collaborating on projects with entities such as the Fédération Internationale des Professeurs de Français (FIPF), the Commission Asie-Pacifique (CAP) and various other entities associated with the French language and culture in the Pacific region.
Our aim is:
- to foster the promotion of the teaching of French in Australia through a range of events such as the FATFA biennial conference, the FATFA’s flagship event taking place in a different state every two years;
- to foster links and the exchange of ideas between teachers of French across Australia at all levels and in all sectors of education; and
- to act as a conduit for the distribution of funds from the Embassy of France in Canberra to members.